In a competitive marketplace, effective talent management practices and processes can emerge as one of the primary drivers for organizational success. Broadly defined, talent management is the implementation of integrated strategies or systems designed to increase workplace productivity by developing improved processes for attracting, developing, retaining and utilizing talent(people)with the required skills and aptitude to meet current and future business needs.
The connection between talent management and business strategy is increasingly being viewed as key to maintaining and/or achieving competitive advantage. Thus, in today’s global marketplace, talent management represents one of the greatest challenges for HR leaders: successful talent management requires effective alignment of human capital and business strategies to support organizational financial goals and positively impact shareholder value.
Some areas to be considered while planning the Talent Management Process for your organisation.
- Framework for Talent Management
- Drivers for Talent Management
- Talent Acquisition & Retention – Process Linkages
- Talent Development
- Role of HR & Business in Talent Management Process.
- Career Planning, Succession Planning , Bench Planning
- Leadership Development
- Building a talent pipeline for your teams and organization.
- Identification of critical roles, key performers.
- Difference between performance and potential.
- Having a “future” orientation.